Thursday, July 22, 2010

Photoshop Madness: The Pursuit for Perfection

I've always said, "DON'T BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU READ" or in this case "SEE," because "seeing is NOT believing" when it comes to the media's portrayal of body image. Everyday magazines promote an unrealistic physical appearance to young women all over the world. They conceptualize a standard of beauty that causes women everywhere to attempt to attain the unattainable. Already skinny models are made to be even skinnier and I don't think people realize to what extent photos are retouched and just how often it is done!

It's even created everyday animosity amongst women, where we feel like we're each others competition. Not a day goes by that I don't catch myself comparing myself to another woman like "hmmm, I want her stomach" or "why can't my ass look like that?." It all goes back to self-esteem and self-love. Be comfortable in your OWN SKIN & love yourself, because your fabulous just the way God made you!

It's ridiculous and it completely disgusts and saddens me, but I'll save you from my rant and I'll let the video's do the talking for me. Click the links below to see just how serious this matter is:


The Photoshop Effect:









and ALWAYS remember ladies: IMPERFECTION IS BEAUTY!!


♥,
[MMS]

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for commenting, i love reading your feedback! please support by FOLLOWING & SUBSCRIBING =]