Friday, December 3, 2010

DIY: Dry Skin Exfoliating Treatment


(click to view larger)

1/2 cup of sugar
2-3 TBSP of EVOO 
2 TBSP of honey
note:  It's always best to go for organic for what I hope is an obvious reason.  Also, pour the oil first, it will help the honey slide right out (see pic above).

Extra Virgin Olive Oil is hydrating and won't clog your pores.
Honey is a humectant, which means it hold on to water molecules and retains moisture.  It's also a natural antioxidant and has anti-microbial properties, which means it helps to treat blemishes and acne, as well as help protect the skin from sun damage.
Sugar helps to exfoliate dead skin cells, revealing new cells which helps to achieve healthy glowing skin.  Sometimes I mix granulated sugar and brown sugar just to get an array of textures.

I scrub my face with this whenever I feel it needs the extra hydration and I use this on my body once a week. This is my favorite treatment, because it will leaves my skin feeling noticeably soft and hydrated.

Check out Michelle Phan's Video for a demonstration and extra info!


♥,
[MMS]

P.S. Avoid the delicate eye area, please.
P.P.S. I know I said I would blog every 2 days, but I used this last night and was really excited to share it with you all, because of Boyfriend's reaction.  He was like "WOWWWW! your skin feels so silky smooth" and this is coming from the guy who never feels a difference when I try a new lotion or exfoliating treatment.

4 comments:

  1. I will try this combination....years ago I learn't on Oprah that Brown sugar is a great exfoliator....I use it alll the time and my hubby uses it 2 exfoliate his body. we can testify to the soft smoooooth feeling even on men's tough skin
    I also read online to use a combination of powdered milk and honey as a mask:) I swear by it, a bit icky but taste great also:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I cud get Boyfriend to do that.. he doesn't even like to use shampoo and conditioner, jus regular soap. Ah tell him when he start to bald and look tired when he get old, doh vex when I still lookin young & sexy lol

    What does the powdered milk & honey do? Never heard of it..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marsha you so lovely with these recommendations

    xx

    Rosa

    My Stylish Little Secret
    http://mystylishlittlesecret.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. yu shud try it out.. if yu have dry skin.. i wouldn't recommend it for oily skin

    ReplyDelete

thanks for commenting, i love reading your feedback! please support by FOLLOWING & SUBSCRIBING =]