I've started drinking warm Lemon Water every morning as a routine. While your asleep, your body is "fasting", which is where breakfast got it's name from (breaking fast). So, it's important to rehydrate your body at the beginning of your day. Sometimes I even drink some in the evening, because I've read that it's recommended twice a day. Actually, I'm drinking some right now. There are a ton load of benefits to this drink and I thought it would be nice to share a few:
- When you think lemons (go ahead, think of sucking on a lemon slice, I bet your mouth starts to water) you think sour and.. acidic. Lemons actually help to alkalize your blood by raising your body's pH level (low pH = acidic).
- I call it my detox, because it helps eliminate toxins and bacteria from your body. Which will not only help improve the condition of your skin (including acne prone skin).
- It's a good source of Vitamin C, which helps to give your immune system a boost making you less susceptible to infections.
- Lemon juice helps your liver to produce more bile, which aids in digestion.
- It decreases the amount of phlegm produced by your body.
- , arthritis, and rheumatism.
- Lemon water also assists in weight loss, because it boosts metabolism and suppresses your appetite.
P.S. Warning: Lemons are acidic until it get into your body, so you'll be subjecting your teeth to acid which can wear away tooth enamel. I advise drinking it through a straw or chewing a piece of sugarless gum to remove acidic residue from your teeth.