Friday, June 3, 2011

Mission: Eat Right, Get Tight - Entry #3


Hey Glories,

I lost like 2 lbs.  Nothing much, but it's better than gaining.  I've been making an effort to eat more frequently with smaller portions.  I have 2 fav. snacks right now: yogurt with any fruit and pineapple with olives and cheese.  I know the last one sounds a bit.. off, but I came across the combo at a party.  The hostess has it on skewers along with grape tomatoes and sausage.  I just throw it in a bowl and nyam away.  In an effort to be healthier, I put more pineapple than anything else, cheese being the least ingredient.

I've been doing 1 or 2 yoga sequences religiously everyday.  I mentioned in my May Favs Video on YT how much i LOVE yoga.  The postures are so elegant and graceful.. makes me feel like a dancer.  And it's something that I can see myself improving in, which is always motivating, because I want to get better and better at it.  As I see it, I'm not advanced enough to do different sequences everyday, because I always have trouble with completing any one sequences properly.  Rather, I'm focusing on 1-4 sequences at the moment and I interchange when I do them doing the week (depending on my mood) and in doing so, I can tell when I'm getting better.  Either because my balance is improving, holding the posture longer, not struggling as much, more flexible.. things like that.

Yoga also gives me a chance to calm it down and meditate.  I do that after every sequence and it's very relaxing.  It gives me a chance to focus, center myself, bring myself into the present moment and pray.  Yes, before I go into the actual meditation session, I say my prayers.  I find that after yoga, I can focus more on my prayer.  I used to do it at night, which is when I think most of us do it, but I find that I can't focus properly and my mind starts straying.  So, yoga is helping me physically, mentally, and spiritually.  I'm really enjoying this and I'm happy.


I will eventually have to incorporate more cardio, but I'm taking it slow.. I'm really out of shape.  I don't want to push myself too hard.  And I also don't want to take on too much that I won't be able to follow through.  That will just leave me discontented and defeated.  Zuma is nice.. but I have to be in the mood for it.  The same way, I does have to be in the mood to go to the club.  Not everyday I feel like shakin my ass, ya digg?

Below are the sequences I'm currently doing.  My fav. practitioner is Tara Stiles.  I like her sequences, her voice, her aura, and the way she explains things.  Another sequence I've been hooked on is from Yoga Today with Neesha Zollinger and it's a Morning Yoga sequence that I absolutely LOVE.  It gets the body moving.  Neesha also has a calming voice and explains things really well.  It's not too strenuous, but at the same time it gets things moving in the morning.







My Goal: do a handstand & do a split


♥,
[MMS]

P.S. I know I haven't been blogging about much else recently, but that's because these entries are so easy to do.  All I have to do is type.  No taking pics, editing pics, uploading pics, researching etc., you know?

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for commenting, i love reading your feedback! please support by FOLLOWING & SUBSCRIBING =]